The following lots will close in part or entirely on Jan. 1. Most of these affected locations will close entirely. Portions of others will remain open and available on a limited basis. Contact the parking management company of the facility you are interested in for details:
• Union Depot garage, 214 E. Fourth St.
• Lot 16, North Sibley and Second streets.
• Post Office ramp, 200 E. Kellogg Blvd.
• Fringe lots A, B and C, East Kellogg Boulevard and North Pine Street. Fringe Lots A, B and C make up the Kellogg and Broadway surface lots.
• The metered parking spaces on the south side of Second Street under the viaduct will close entirely.
Parkers have several options downtown. An updated, comprehensive list of available parking and contact information is published by St. Paul Smart Trips (smart-trips.org). Parkers who use the affected lots and who have not already made alternate arrangements for 2011 are urged to do so as soon as possible.
These changes are the result of a number of multi-year construction projects, including reconstruction of the Lafayette Bridge, construction of the Central Corridor Light Rail Transit Line and renovation of the Union Depot.