Anyone can donate at any of the 7 Memorial Blood Centers locations during the competition and state which agency they would like to represent.
Five fast facts about why you should donate blood:
1. Every 2 seconds someone needs blood.
2. Each unit of blood donated can help up to 3 people.
3. There is no substitute for human blood.
4. Donors can give whole blood every 56 days.
5. When you donate with Memorial Blood Centers, your blood is helping another person within about 10 days.
Memorial Blood Centers is a nationally known, locally operated nonprofit community blood center that supplies life-saving blood and blood components to area hospitals. Memorial Blood Centers operates 11 donor centers, with 7 metro locations. At least 2,700 units a week must be collected to meet the needs of over 30 hospital partners in the Twin Cities area, northern Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin. For more information about Memorial Blood Centers call 888-GIVE BLD or visit www.mbc.org.