Nationwide (BlackNews.com) -- Vacation partnering is on the rise among women. With many people facing the rising costs of caring for families, paying down debt and still wanting to live 'the good life,' traveling for pure relaxation seems out of reach. That is why partnering with sisters and friends is a way to enjoy traveling while sharing the cost and having a fun experience.
The best way to have a great time on a group vacation is to stay away from agendas and networking structured activities. Make it a true vacation so those who are not joiners are not embarrassed by wanting to do as she pleases the entire time!
Ten tips to host a group getaway:
1. Select a place you have always wanted to visit.
2. Begin planning at least nine months ahead.
3. Send out an email to select family and friends and invite them to ask a friend.
4. Visit home rental websites for best bargains and negotiate weekly rental rate.
5. Do your math, factor in house rental and food expenses then set a per person rate.
6. Get a deposit; include a portion that is non-refundable.
7. Guests make own travel arrangements - it's cumbersome to include travel cost.
8. Plan week's meals. Bring food with you or locate supermarkets upon arrival.
9. Get there early to scope out the rooms prepare the first meal and to add a welcoming touch.
10. Be the best host you can be and if you can, stay an extra day to have to yourself.
About the Sisters and Friends Getaway to Martha's Vineyard
For the past four years, the end-of-the-summer vacation to Oak Bluffs, Martha's Vineyard's historic African American retreat has been the destination for African American women on a Sisters and Friends Getaway. Scheduled from Sunday to Sunday, the week after Labor Day at high season end, makes it a perfect time to catch sales and low cost of housing rental. Oak Bluffs has great beachside walking paths, and the famous Inkwell Beach where African Americans gather is still in tack! The place is perfect for savoring the Atlantic Ocean and the island's clean air, for taking an historic walking tour and traveling on the local bus to enjoy peace and serenity while on the island. During the Sisters and Friends Getaway, each house has breakfast foods and snacks, a dinner meal is prepared for guests each day and then topped off with desert to enjoy at days' end. Women from Seattle to Atlanta to Pennsylvania and Connecticut are scheduled to go this year. Sisters and Friends Getaway to Martha's Vineyard begins the Sunday after Labor Day. Guests come and go as their schedule permits.