• There will be entertainment; teens will attend mini workshops, and participate in a community service activity that will assure a spirit filled and insightful day.
• There will be an all youth panel and single sex sessions where boys and girls may candidly discuss their concerns about this deadly disease.
• Lunch and community resources will be provided . Teens will have the opportunity to participate in HIV/AIDS community service project.
• There will be a separate HIV/AIDS awareness morning session for parents, mentors, youth leaders, and educators concerned community members. (One session only from 9:30AM – 10:30AM)
• There will be Healthcare Professionals on site to talk with the youth about abstinence and protecting themselves, when and if they decide to become sexually active.
• We are requesting that each student bring two (2) non-perishable, non-expired food items to be donated to Open Arms of Minnesota, an organization who provides a myriad of services to men and women living with HIV/AIDS.
This is a FREE event for teen girls and boys in grades 9th through 12th (Ages 14 – 19.)
Event starts promptly and ends promptly please pick your children up at 2:30 PM, there will be absolutely no supervision after this time.
Due to content, all students participating must have parental permission and or group registration form and signed media release in order to participate in this event.